Friday, August 14, 2009

A Place For My Literary Tomes


I have been a regular library user since I was 5. My parents were strong supporters of reading and brought us to the library every week esp in the summer. My Dad built me and my sister a reading platform high up in a fir tree and I would sit up there for hours reading and dreaming. So I am so excited about our new library in Battle Ground and stop in there every week. Where else can you get so much for so little cost? I have been using a servicable but UGLY canvas book bag for several years.

One day my daughter said "Mom why don't you make yourself a really cute library bag since you've started sewing again"...in other words "could you get rid of this ugly bag thats always hanging around!" And I said "Yah! I even have a bag pattern " So I dug in my bin of fabric and this is what came to be...now I'm stylish and literary!


That reminds me to thank my daughter for challenging me and believing I can do whatever I set my mind to! I'll do that today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)