Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I found my granny shoes!

The other day I was remembering back about 15 years to a pair of shoes I had bought and worn for church. They reminded me of some of the vintage shoes I've seen on line and I thought "why did I get rid of them?" Although at the time I owned them they were not something your average young lady would wear! Then on Monday I was digging around in the dress up box that I keep for entertaining kids who visit and THERE were my granny shoes! Lookin' just as vintage as I remembered and suitably aged:) So guess what? They're back in my closet..hows that for thrift shopping and finding a bargain! Also in the bin I found a hat I had bought for a 4oth birthday party...I put it on and asked my boys "Didn't they wish women still wore hats like in the past?" and you should've seen the look on their faces!! I guess I won't cause any embarrassment to my family and wear THIS to church..but I just might wear my granny shoes!


2 comments:

  1. Too funny!! lol I can just imagine thier faces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a pair just like that Karen! Why oh why indeed did I get rid of them? I love hats too..one time I got brave and wore one to a wedding..I never did again...I guess I just felt outta myself..but I am glad I tried! lol

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)