Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Peace like a River



One summer day I spent getting some rest and relaxation by the river. Give me a river rushing by and I can let all my worries and cares float away with the water. I think it must be that "peace like a river" that God talks about. A river doesn't try to change its pathway or go backwards or try to be a waterfall if its a stream. It just flows...thats how we are supposed to be...just live and let God direct our path. I brought along my water colors, a delish picnic, my camera, books, Bible and journal. There I stayed, lounging about on my pillows and blanket, gazing up into the trees and listening to the water rush by. When I felt like getting up and painting or taking photos I did, and the food tasted like ambrosia when eaten slowly and savored with the atmosphere. I tried to make it a day of true beauty, from the picnic basket I used to the wild flowers I picked to decorate my table. Sometimes I think in our modern fast paced world we just don't take enough time for beauty and rest. I'm going to make this an annual event!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)