Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Coffee Toffee

I'm linking up with the
 Coffee Toffee with Chocolate and Pretzels
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. water
1/8 c. corn syrup
8 oz butter
1 c. almond slivers
1 c. chopped pretzels -divided
2  tsp. instant coffee powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4-1/2 c. chocolate chips

Grease a 9x13 pan.
Combine sugar, water and corS syrup 
in sauce pan and boil 
until temp reaches 280*. Stir in butter. 
Cook until temp reaches 315*, 
stir in almonds and half of pretzels.
Cook back up to 315*
Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and 
coffee. Pour into pan.
Let cool for 10 minutes,
sprinkle choc chips on top and when melted, spread over top.
Add remaining pretzels and push down
gently into chocolate.
Cool completely and break into pieces. 
Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.

This is very crunchy and tasty!
If you don't like coffee flavor 
you could just leave the coffee
powder out and it would still be delish!
I used GF pretzels and it turned out great.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious w/out the coffee!! I will have to try it, but first I need the almond slivers and pretzels:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum! looks tasty. thanks for sharing.
    DaNita

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)