Thursday, September 10, 2009

Indian Summer

Did you ever wonder why this time of year is called "Indian Summer"? I looked it up and found out that it references back to colonial America and is probably called that because the Native Americans did their summer harvest at this time of year and also quit raiding and started getting ready for winter so the Colonists had a break, a "summer" from worry about that!

Anyway I've been quoting Laura Ingalls Wilder to myself when I have to get up at 5:30 am to get my son off to school "theres not a loss without some small gain" because I've been losing a few hours of sleep but getting to see the most gorgeous sunsets! Enjoy this beautiful day:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)