Thursday, September 3, 2009

Esthers Store

On Bainbridge Island I found this little store tucked back off the main avenue. This store was opened in 1959 by the original Esther. So they are celebrating 50 years of business.
In this window display are pictures of each consecutive owner, the "Esther" of that era. Wouldn't it be interesting to ask them all how style has changed in the fabric field? They also have contests several times a year to "dress Esther" the line drawing lady on the background. How fun! I wish I lived there so I could give that a try.

This seemed like such a great way to advertise...little squares of fabric attached with clothes pins, maybe I'm just a fabric nut but it sure got me into the store!


How can you not love a store with A Button Wall?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)