Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thrifty Nifty

I have really gotten interested in thrifting and repurposing from all the great blogs out there, so I decided to see what I could find. The center pic is items I picked up at Main St. Station, in my hometown and the others are from good old Goodwill! It is really amazing what you can find for great prices, like the Coldwater Creek wool skirt for $6 (top right). It's a little small and too long, but I plan to shorten it and move the buttons. The left hand madras skirt is very large, but
I bought it to use for fabric. You'll see these pop up in posts in the future. But my best finds I'll post later...they need to be showcased on their own:) It was a very enjoyable way to spend an afternoon, I'll be doing it again soon.

2 comments:

  1. so yesterday i had alittle extra time around town & figured i would attempt to go be thrifty also. first time in a goodwill. not the first time my terrors decide they would rather NOT be shopping! ended my attempt at thriftyness. can't wait to see what you have in store to show us! looks like you found some great finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it so fun to see what you can come away with?!?!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)