Thursday, February 11, 2010

Saying I Love You without Words

Sometimes words aren't the best way to say "I love you". After reading Stephanies post at http://thewhisperingcreekhouse.blogspot.com/ about the Love Language, "Gifts" I decided to make a bag for someone who I love very much but need to think of new ways to communicate with. I had these cute fabrics in my stash and I was able to finish this in one evening:) It's a library/book bag like I've made before so it has a special pouch that your library card goes in as well as inner pockets for cell phone and keys. The inside is lined with a heavy corduroy to keep it sturdy enough for a stack of books and the handle is triple -layered corduroy too.

Then I wrapped it up with some vintage touches and sent it on its way with a prayer.
Go little bag and be a blessing.....



5 comments:

  1. Thats gorgeous!!! LOVE that fabric flower! I'm sure it was well appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sure this sweet gesture will be well recieved! Love languages are such an amazing way to communicate and I think gifting is a very special way to support the one you love! Praying for a blessing for you and the one you love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen - that is adorable!!! (I can't wait to get it!!) ;) You've probly been wondering when I'll be "up and running" . . . well, I've had a change of mind/heart! Just alot of mixed feelings so if/when I proceed it will probly just be a personal diary type thing for me. Funny, maybe, I know . . . but . . . whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool! I want one!! Any chance you wanna make one to sell??

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)