Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Bakers Review-Cornbread

I'm linking up with AJ CRazies
for the

Buttermilk Cornbread
(recipe from All Recipes)

1 c.Cornmeal
1/4 c. flour ( I used GF)
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 T. brown sugar
1 c. buttermilk
1 egg beaten
2 T. melted butter

Grease cast iron pan with 1 T. oil and
heat in 425* oven for 10 minutes.
Mix together all dry ingredients 
and add wet ingredients all at once. 
Mix just until moistened.
Pour into hot pan and bake for 15 minutes 
or until light brown on top.

This was the best cornbread I have ever
made using GF flour!
It is not sweet, but fluffy and very tasty,
I will be making this a lot:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)