Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Bakers Review-Biscotti

I'm linking up with Aimee @ AJ Crazies
for the 
Chocolate Chip Walnut Biscotti
Modified for Gluten free

1/2 c. sugar
1 egg
1/4 c. melted butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
1 2/3 c. flour (GF or regular)
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 c. walnuts chopped
2/3 c. mini chocolate chips

Mix egg and sugar well. Add butter and flavorings.
Mix in dry ingredients and add walnuts and choc. chips
pat into a 1 inch thick oval on greased cookie sheet.
Bake at 325* for 20 minutes or until very light brown.
Take out of oven and cool on pan for 5 minutes. 
Cut into 1 inch strips crosswise. Spread out on cookie 
sheet and bake again @ 375 for 10 minutes.
Cool on pan and store in airtight container.

Review
These were just okay,
I'm not sure how they would be 
with regular flour, but  with the GF flour I used 
they were too bland. I did add some salt to the recipe 
now though so that may help.
If I made them again I would 
make them with a different GF flour mixture.
Biscotti are a more bland cookie though because they are 
really for dunking with coffee or tea, and that's what 
I will do with these.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for linking up!! I've never really had biscotti ~ I didn't realize that they're really for dunking in coffee or tea:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)