Saturday, January 30, 2010

Waiting to walk into the light again

I think it was just that kind of a week,
when the light eluded me
just around the next bend,
picking up one foot and putting down another
trying for the grace to forgive
and wanting to know I was.
No way of going back,
no sure step forward
the light too far ahead to see.
trying for grace to let go
and wanting to know I am.
At times it just seems like
life comes on heavy treads,
and the sound it makes hurts my soul.
trying for peace to rest
and uneasy in its grasp.
New light ahead, evolving grace
letting forgiveness rest
and peace pervade.

"In this world you will have trouble, but I have overcome the world." Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)