Thursday, July 11, 2013

A Literary Walk #12

 I have indeed been walking, just not getting
the time to do my research so I can post
"where" I've been!
This is the 2nd walk in the Oxford area as I continue
to explore where the 2 greats did their major writing.
25 miles

This time I followed the incredible 
J.R.R. Tolkien
who wrote the famous series
"The Lord of the Rings"
He is also considered partly responsible for
helping C. S. Lewis to return to Christianity,
I like the series but "The Return of the King" is my
favorite as it is so reminiscent of the last days
and the return of our Great King-Christ.

Favorite Quote
"But when Aragorn arose all that beheld him
gazed in silence, for it seemed to them
 that he was revealed to them now for the first time.
 Tall as the sea- kings of old,
he stood above all that were near;
 ancient of days he seemed
and yet in the flower of manhood;
and wisdom sat upon his brow,
and strength and healing were in his hands,
and a light was about him.
And  then Faramir cried: "Behold the King!"

1 comment:

  1. I've always liked the Return of the King as well. Everything gets righted in the end, as it will be.:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)