Thursday, October 1, 2009

See Spot Run!

I was 4 years old when I remember turning the page in my big sisters' Dick and Jane book from school and realizing I know those words! I can read! I can read!

This was in the days before phonics, when you simply learned to read by repetition! It sure worked for me and started a life long love of reading.
So I was pretty excited to find this book at Main Street Station in BG for $2. I felt a tingle all down my back when I saw the words "Look, look." Because those were the first words I ever really read! I think Brielle and Grandma will be reading this together in a few years:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)