Tuesday, January 22, 2013

A Literary Walk Part 3

 Ending my walk with Jane Austen in
Chawton and
Chawton woods
7.5 miles
These woods were where Jane and her dear 
sister Cassandra spent many hours 
walking and talking.
 The house below is where Jane lived in Chawton
as an adult until her final illness caused her 
to be moved to Winchester where she died.
It is now the Jane Austen museum.

My 3rd favorite is Sense and Sensibility
My favorite character from this book
is Colonel Brandon.
He loves Marianne from the very start but
she is not interested in an "old man"
and makes fun of him with the infamous
Willoughby. His loyalty and gentle
care after her heart is broken by said Willoughby
 finally wins her over
and he can be happy at last.

Favorite quote:
"I do not attempt to deny," said she, "that I think very 
highly of him--that I greatly esteem, that I like him."
Marianne here burst forth with indignation:
"Esteem him! Like him! Cold-hearted Elinor.
Oh! worse than cold-hearted! Ashamed of being
otherwise. Use those words again, and I will leave the 
room this moment."

4 comments:

  1. Great Job! Are you doing your walking all in one time or do you just add up all your miles from walking more than one time? Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I am back at the gym (this time with my husband and mother in law, so I have accountability parters!) I should do this! Did it seem like it was more motivating? Because I need motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It motivates me because I love to read and travel,its kind of a mind game:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)