Thursday, January 17, 2013

A Literary Walk Part 2

The next part of my walk continued
on with Jane Austen
 Steventon
to
Chawton
15.5 miles
 The vicarage in which Jane was born in
Steventon no longer exists,
but the field above is where it was located.
Jane's father was the rector in Steventon
until he retired so Jane spent 25 years of her life
in this area.

My 2nd favorite of Austen's books is
Pride and Prejudice

I admire the character of
Elizabeth Bennet for her strength of
mind and ability to be unswayed by
society's norms that would cause her
to marry for any other
reason than for love.


Favorite quote:
"An unhappy alternative is before you, Elizabeth.
From this day you must be a stranger
 to one of your parents.-
Your mother will never see you again if
you do not marry Mr. Collins,
and I will never see you again if you do."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)