Monday, May 21, 2012

It's A Mystery!

I have loved the mystery genre since I read
my first Nancy Drew!
It's still my favorite especially if it is combined
with a previous era.
For my birthday this year I asked my kids
to give me a mystery evening...
they were very obliging and came all
dressed for the 1930's and with their 
best deduction caps on.
It was kind of like the game Clue
but acted out in conversations and questions.
I was the housekeeper/maid
so I got to watch and serve.

Setting the Stage
English Mansion 1930


Menu
Traditional English Dinner

Appetizers
Oyster Stew
Sorbet (palette cleanser)
Roast Beef and Gravy
Potatoes
Creamed Carrots
Green Beans
Raspberry Meringue

Characters




 
Cast and Crew
Watersdown Mansion
May 1930

5 comments:

  1. What creativity! This would have been so interesting to watch and listen in on! Super costumes and pictures of the cast and crew. You are an incredibly talented woman with a talented and obliging family. Hope every minute of it was an awesome blessing for each of you. Marcella

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome! Your kids are the best:) I'm curious if they came up with it or did you help plan it? The costumes are amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's just great! LOVE the pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That was cool! Great job that everybody participated. This makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it!!! That is just so cool! :o)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)