Friday, July 29, 2011

Farmstand Ingredients Salad

This salad is a fave of mine, that I make every summer
when the beets appear at the farm stands. 
I eat it a lot for lunch with a side of fresh green beans
and (if I have the right ingredients) Fried Green Tomatoes.

Gigi Barbina Salad
(not sure why it's named this)

4 fresh beets, 
washed and ends cut off
wrap in foil and roast for 45 min @ 400*
Open foil and allow to cool, peel and slice.
 Baby Greens
1/3c. walnuts toasted
goat cheese

Layer beets, walnuts and crumbled goat cheese
over lettuce on plate and
drizzle with vinaigrette.

Vinaigrette
2 T. Mayonnaise
2 T. Sherry vinegar
1 tsp. dijon mustard
1 small shallot, coarsely chopped (or chives)
3 T. canola or olive oil
Mix together mayo, vinegar, mustard
and shallot. While whisking
rapidly add oil in a steady thin stream,
season with salt and pepper if desired.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)