Sunday, August 29, 2010

29 years of Commitment

This weekend was our 29th wedding anniversary.
The day hike we took in the mountains
reminded me of our life together...
It has gone over some pretty steep inclines,
dark passages, rocky outcrops and some
beautiful views of forever. When I
was 18 and said "I do!" in a vow
before God the path seemed so easy and sunny,
but I have learned that marriage takes more
commitment to the journey then any other thing in life.I have to honestly recommit each year to "going
the distance" and each step I take has to
be with that purpose in my heart.
Saying "I love you" isn't enough,
it is in the daily living that the loving
is really told.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! Happy Anniversary to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! It looks like you had a good time - did some fun stuff:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)