Monday, March 18, 2013

Side Porch

I've had a week since my Mom's
funeral and its been a learning experience.
I keep thinking that she's just a phone call
away...and then realizing 
never again here on earth can I see or
hear my Mom...
So I try to stay busy doing the things
that give me joy.
I had gathered up a few things over 
the previous weeks for my side
porch and one day that was less
cold and rainy (but not much!)
I put it together.
 All thrifted and some of it free!



It's a very narrow porch so the bench
works better than the chairs I had there before.
I used an aging technique on the ladder
as it was just fresh lumber.
I just love when something that is free ends
up looking like it was purchased for 
the exact space.

1 comment:

  1. It looks lovely, Karen! I especially appreciate it because it would never last at our house with so many busy little folks around. A chalk board under the porch would be cool though.........

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)