Thursday, October 4, 2012

Greek Gyros

This was a great, light meal
and though I had to have mine on rice
not a pita bread, it was a hit with
my son who said it was "delicioso"
I'm linking up with Aimee
at
 
 I started by marinating the chicken tenders
in Kens Greek salad dressing.
I fried the onions but
they are really supposed to be raw.
The chicken can be grilled or cooked in hot fry pan
 
Tzatziki Sauce
1/2c. cucumber grated
1 tsp. sea salt
1 c. plain Greek yogurt
1/4 c. sour cream
1 T. lemon juice
1/2 T. rice vinegar
1 tsp. olive oil
1 clove garlic
1 T. chopped dill
1 T. chives chopped
1 T. Mrs. Dash Lemon seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
 
Toss cucumber with salt and let sit
at least 5 mins. Squeeze out excess water.
Mix all ingred. together and refrigerate
at least 1 hour to blend flavors.
 
Warm Pita bread in microwave or on grill.
Layer hummus, chicken, onions,
 olives, lettuce, tomatoes,
Feta cheese and Tzatziki sauce.
Fold pita in half or roll up.
Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I've never tried Gyros. They look good . . . but probably something I'd never dream of making:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)