Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Corn Salad

On a few blogs I've seen recipes
for corn salad and with the 
corn season in high yield right now
I figured I'd give it a try.
It was absolutely delicious
and I ended up eating it as a meal
for lunch several times.
It may sound like a strange combo but
it is worth a try if you like corn.
   Corn Salad

4 ears of corn cooked and kernels cut off
(or 4 cups of frozen corn cooked and cooled)
1 red pepper cut into small pieces
1 green onion chopped
2 cups of cherry tomatoes cut up
1 c. grated cheddar cheese
1/4 c. mayonnaise  (or to taste)
salt
pepper
2 cups of Chili Cheese Fritos lightly crushed

Mix together all ingredients and serve immediately

I think any vegetable could be added as you wish
depending on taste preference.
 

1 comment:

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)