Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Salmon Pasta


Salmon Pasta with Pesto Cream Sauce

8 oz. pasta cooked (I used GF)
2 T. olive oil
1 12 oz. salmon fillet
1/2 tsp salt divided
1/4. tsp pepper divided
3/4 c. heavy cream
2 oz. cream cheese
1/2c. prepared pesto
2 tsp. lemon herb seasoning

While pasta is cooking, heat oil in skillet and sprinkle
salmon with 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/8 tsp pepper
Cook salmon 5 minutes on each side. 
Transfer to a plate and flake into large pieces with a fork.
Heat another skillet over med high heat.
 Add cream and simmer 3 minutes until slightly thickened.
Reduce heat and add cream cheese and pesto,
whisking in until smooth.
Stir in pasta, cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
gently stir in salmon and add seasonings.

This was super good and tasty.
It would be great with chicken breasts also.
I served it with asparagus but the original
recipe called for 1 c. peas to be added
with the pasta into cream sauce.
That would be tasty too.
I made non GF pasta for Kirk 
and he really liked it also.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds really good! I also immediately thought it was funny that we both had made pasta:) And don't worry about the postcards- it's fine!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments and have changed my settings so if you don't have an account you can still comment, but please let me know who you are by initials or name:)